The National Archives of the UK government
Journal officiel du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg
Italian Senate Bulk Data
EU Open Data Portal
The ferguson’s Case grand jury transcripts
And More …
Any other open data legal document and data.
Info And Rules
Legal Data Analytics Hackathon aims to create applications/projects using data analytics methods applied to legal document and data. Cognitive biases should be avoided and for respecting the transparency principle we encourage to provide a self-explanation dataset, documentation, replication demo instructions, validation test set. Visualization of the results are very welcome in order to describe the results and to encourage legal practitioners, companies and citizens to use those emerging techniques.
The winners will be presented during the JURIX 2018 conference (5 minutes pitch) and all the participants can have an exposition space in the conference. We encourage to use the following techniques:
- Machine learning
- Deep learning
- Network analysis
- Knowledge graph
- Data analytics
- Predictive algorithms
- Linked open data
The application must comply the following rules:
1. use legal open data/document and document the dataset used for the pilot-case;
2. document with details the pilot-case in the scenario purpose, the research questions, the methodological aspects, the theoretical basis, the technical methods, the evaluation criteria;
3. produce a robust proof-of-concept of the results;
4. provide a test case repeatable and evidence-based;
5. cognitive biases and ethical issues remedies description must be provided.
The applications/projects must be published and reachable online (e.g., github, API, website) with the deadline. The team should be composed by 2-4 persons with a clear credits attribution of the contributions. The applications/projects must document with the necessary information according with the rules.
The selected applications will be invited to the in-place final event live hackathon, 24 hours refinement of the project, presentation of pitch, partial results in input, final results in output, demo, award ceremony (one winner 1000 euro and two runners up 500 euro).
Proposals should be sent to the Program Chair via email (Monica Palmirani (email@example.com)).
- Deadline for submission of applications/projects: November 10, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: November 30, 2018
- Conference: December 12-14, 2018
- https://github.com/ondrae/ferguson-grand-jury-transcripts any other open data legal document and data
Three Awards will be assigned to the three most original, innovative and well-presented applications. One winner 1000 euro and two runners up 500 euro.
All the tools, contributions, results and dataset produced inside of the LAH are released with open licenses among the following:
- BSD-3-Clause License (see the source)
- MIT License (see the source)
- Apache License v 2.0 (see the source)
- CC-BY 2.0 (see the source)
- CC-BY 4.0 (see the source)
- Eclipse Public License v 1.0 (see the source)